Our Purpose & History
The Wyoming Epilepsy Association (WEA) is a charitable non-profit organization devoted to making a difference in the lives of those impacted by Epilepsy, Developmental Disabilities, and other health-related issues.
Despite the fact that Epilepsy is one of the oldest conditions known, it is still surrounded by mystery, ignorance, and fear. WEA is committed to bringing Epilepsy and Developmental Disabilities out of the shadows through education, advocacy, outreach, support services, and making discrimination and stigmas a thing of the past.
With your financial support, WEA has the opportunity to provide specialized services to people with Epilepsy and Developmental Disabilities. WEA’s grateful for the financial support it receives from corporate and private donors, fundraising events, pharmaceutical, and foundation grants, and the population receiving services.
The work at WEA is driven by the passion of individuals who contribute their time and talent to ensure the utmost benefit to people with Epilepsy, Developmental Disabilities, and their loved ones. It has a strong and dedicated commitment to dispelling myths and replacing fear with knowledge and compassion so work sites, classrooms, daycare, social gatherings, etc. will be empathetic and supportive settings for children and adults with Epilepsy or a Developmental Disability.
- Bring about permanent change for the social and medical benefit of people with epilepsy and developmental disabilities.
- Educate people about the facts and improve their understanding of epilepsy and developmental disabilities.
- Maintain a working collaboration that addresses epilepsy, seizure disorders, and developmental disability-related issues.
- Promote public awareness of epilepsy, seizure disorders, and developmental disabilities to all citizens of Wyoming in order to reduce misunderstandings.
- Develop a collation of all people with disabilities and teach the following skills: leadership, advocacy, socialization, and engaging community involvement.